In honor of National Aging Out of Foster Care Awareness Day on May 31st, we will celebrate our remarkable youth and Mentoring Families with an Awards Celebration on connectionshomes.org, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. We have some really fun surprises in store, so please mark your calendars and make plans to join us online!
Did you know?
- Apart from connection to a safe and stable adult, 97% of aged-out foster youth will end up facing homelessness, chronic poverty or worse.
- By contrast, 93% of Connections Homes youth are pursuing educational goals.
We are extremely proud of each young adult in our Don’t Go Alone program who has demonstrated great courage, resilience and strength by allowing us to step into their story.
Unfortunately, many Don’t Go Alone youth were not celebrated during their childhood the way other children were. Obstacles like homelessness, poverty, foster care and disrupted adoption often got in the way.
That is why we launched the Connections HomesComing Awards. Will you join us on May 31st to celebrate our amazing youth and families? Your participation will honor the remarkable youth we serve, and simultaneously empower us to reach more aged-out foster youth who are doing life alone without the tools or support they need to reach their full potential.
There are several ways you can participate:
- Sign up for Connections Homes emails so you will get event updates and success stories.
- Sign up to volunteer as a Connections HomesComing Online Ambassador to help recognize our award recipients and spread awareness about our mission.
- Sponsor the Awards and enjoy extensive benefits. View sponsorship opportunities.
- Make your gift by June 1st for double the impact! Every gift will help provide lifelong, trained Mentoring Families to youth 18-24 who are living life unconnected to any caring, stable adult. Learn About the Matching Gift Challenge. Give Now.
Thank you for prayerfully considering how you can participate in this exciting new opportunity!