HOW IT WORKS:
Youth make an appointment with the Career Connection Center (337 W. Pike Street Lawrenceville, GA 30046) to receive a one-hour coaching session with a professional from within our community. During the one hour appointment each youth will receive:
- A professional outfit: shirt, pants/skirt. We also include socks, shoes, and accessories (if available)
- Resume review & assistance
- A mock-interview session for interview practice
- Career counseling & advice
- A Career Connection Guide full of helpful tips on resumes, interviewing, job applications, job resources, dressing for success, and more.
- A leadership/personal development book of your choice.
- A career headshot for use in your professional development materials.
After booking the appointment, you will be contacted by a Connections Homes representative to get your clothing sizes. Please note: If you do not respond to the appointment confirmation email within 48 hours, your appointment will be canceled.
Who is eligible? Current Foster Care Youth (16 – 21), Former Foster Care or Homeless Youth (18 – 24).
Book Your Appointment Below:
Use the buttons below schedule either a Youth Appointment or a Career Coach Volunteer slot. Simply choose your option from the drop-down box to see available times. Appointment times are 60-minutes in length.
Career Connection Center Operating Hours
Tuesday – 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Thursday – 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday – 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Opening Day – October 14, 2019
We have volunteer opportunities for the following roles:
- Professional Coach (spending 1-hour per youth to coach, interview, and review resume)
- Clothing Prep & Sorting (sorting clothing donations and preparing clothing for appointments)
- Administrative Assistance (data entry, guest greeting, etc.)
Donations of Career Clothing, Books & Padfolios
We will gladly accept donations of career clothing that is in good shape.
Men’s Items Needed:
- Male dress shirts (clean and on hangers)
- Male dress pants and khakis (clean and folded)
- Male dress shoes (free of scuffs with good soles, all sizes) We have a great need for like-new dress shoes in all sizes.
- Male dress socks (new only) We have a great need for new dress socks.
Women’s Items Needed:
- Female dress shirts and blouses (clean and on hangers)
- Female dress pants and khakis (clean and folded)
- Female dress skirts (clean and on hangers)
- Female flats and heels (free of scuffs with good soles, all sizes)
Other Items Needed:
- 8.5 x 11 Padfolios – Many companies have leather padfolios with their logos on them as client gifts. If you have extra, we would love to have them to give youth as a way to keep their resumes nice and feel extra confident walking into their job interviews.
- Leadership & Personal Development books – We love giving a book to our youth from our stock of great books. If you have some favorite leadership or personal development books laying around, we would love to add them to our collection for youth to choose from.