HOW IT WORKS:
Youth make an appointment with the Career Connection Center (337 W. Pike Street Lawrenceville, GA 30046) to receive a one-hour coaching session with a professional from within our community. During the one hour appointment each youth will receive:
- A professional outfit: shirt, pants/skirt, socks, shoes
- Resume review & assistance
- A mock-interview session for interview practice
- Career counseling & advice
After booking the appointment, you will be contacted by a Connections Homes representative to get your clothing sizes. Please note: If you do not respond to the appointment confirmation email within 48 hours, your appointment will be canceled.
Who is eligible? Current Foster Care Youth (16 – 21), Former Foster Care or Homeless Youth (18 – 24).
Book Your Appointment Below:
We have volunteer opportunities for the following roles:
- Professional Coach (spending 1-hour per youth to coach, interview, and review resume)
- Clothing Prep & Sorting (sorting clothing donations and preparing clothing for appointments)
- Administrative Assistance (data entry, guest greeting, etc.)
Donation of Career Clothing
We will gladly accept donations of career clothing that is in good shape.
- Male dress shirts (clean and on hangers)
- Male dress pants and khakis (clean and folded)
- Male dress shoes (free of scuffs with good soles, all sizes)
- Male dress socks (new only)
- Female dress shirts and blouses (clean and on hangers)
- Female dress pants and khakis (clean and folded)
- Female dress skirts (clean and on hangers)
- Female flats and heels (free of scuffs with good soles, all sizes)